Due to Lockdown and Covid-19 situation, schools, colleges, institutes and Madrasah all switched to Online Teaching. Other than teaching, corporate sectors commence their meetings also online.
For Online Teaching and Meeting there are many Online Video Communication softwares but Zoom and Google Meet are mostly used Softwares for Online Teaching and Conferencing.
Here we will discuss the Differences and Similarities between Zoom and Google Meet Free Version
Differences between Zoom and Google Meet
- Both Zoom and Google Meet provide hosting upto 100 participants in free plan
- Zoom Provide Group Meetings for upto 40 minutes whereas Google Meet Group meetings are upto 1hour
- Zoom Provide unlimited one-to-one meetings with a 30 hour limit per meeting.
- Zoom meeting have Private and Group chats option during meeting.
- Share Screen Option in Zoom is better compare to Google Meet, while teaching You can open and show the slides or notes easily in Zoom App. Google Meet also has share screen option.
- You Can Raise Hands in Zoom to ask Question or queries but this Raising hand option is not available in Google Meet Free version.
For Teaching Zoom is better than Google Meet because normally classes are also of 40 minutes and Zoom Class limit in Free is also of 40 minutes with You can Mute all students to avoid noise and other Meeting Settings.
If you want 1 hour meeting in Free Version than You can have Google Meet Option.
Both Zoom and Google Meet have their Paid Versions with other benefits. You can visit their Websites for Pricing.
For Zoom Pricing and Benefits Visit Zoom Pricing
For Google Meet Pricing and Benefits Visit Google Meet Pricing